Does representative democracy have a future in this era of digital media?
To celebrate its 20th Anniversary, the International Institute for Democracy & Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is organizing an essay competition for dedicated young people who share our passion for the future of democracy, on the topic “Does representative democracy have a future in this era of digital media?”
Deadline for submissions
30 April 2015
- The author must be in the age range of 18-25 years
- The essay must be written in English
- The word limit should not exceed 6000 words including references.
- The font size should be 12 point and double spacing
- There should be a cover page with the following details: name of author, title, a short 100 word abstract, contact details
The author(s) of the winning essay will be awarded the following:
- Invitation to attend International IDEA´s 20th Anniversary celebrations on September 15, 2015 in Stockholm, Sweden. The costs of the trip will be covered by International IDEA if the winner is not based in Stockholm.
- A six months internship at International IDEA Stockholm
- Publication of the essay in a format to be chosen by International IDEA
Essay submission: please submit your essay by email to: p.lebleu
or by mail to the following address:
SE 103 34, Stockholm