The main aim of this training is to strength the role of youth work and Non Formal Education in employability by training near new 30 Facilitators in the field of Non Formal Education and Experiential Learning participants have the chance to further develop their competences as a facilitator.
Training Course “Facilitation Skills for youth workers and NGO Leaders” that will take place in the Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal from 9th to 18th March 2015 under the Erasmus+ program.
Specific Objectives of the Training:
– To experiment different Group Facilitation Methods and empower youth facilitators in implementing quality training activities using participatory methods;
– To develop facilitation skills and competencies in working with non-formal education above all at local level and disadvantaged areas like the islands and interior of each country;
– To share and exchange participatory methods and good practices in order to improve team work and group creativity;
– To provide a non-formal environment where facilitators can work in a cooperative way;
– To provide the opportunities for networking with partners interested in participative approaches;
– To find creative ways to involve facilitators in non-formal education and enhance motivation.
Methodology: will be based on the mutual cooperation between participants from different backgrounds and settings, invited them at exchanging proposals and working methods contributing to the European debate on validation and certification of non-formal learning.
During the Training will be approached different methods offered by the European framework of Non Formal Education: Group Dynamics and team buildings, Learning by experience methods, Open Space Technology, Theatre of the Oppressed, Learning Circles, Role play, Outdoors Activities, Scenarios simulations, round tables and practical facilitation workshops.
• Participants Profile (Very Important): The TC was designed for Youth and Adult community Workers, NGO Leaders, Project Managers that aim to empower their skills in the field of group facilitation and group dynamics. And also for participants that wish to be Youth and Adult community Workers and special if they are young’s with fewer opportunities, like NEET category (not in education, employment or training).
• Number/Participants: 3 persons by country – residents from Portugal, Hungary, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom, Lithuania, Greece, Romania and Croatia