Social DOers encourages young people, aged 18-30 years old, actively involved in a youth organisation and interested in the European-Mediterranean cooperation to apply for this great opportunity, offered by the North-South Center!
This training course will focus on the development of competencies of youth workers/activists involved in civil society organisations in Europe and Southern and Eastern Mediterranean.
The course is addressed to young people from Europe (CoE member States) and Southern and Eastern Mediterranean.
Participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Actively involved in a youth organisation (local, national, regional, international) as representatives, volunteers, trainers and/or youth workers;
- Aged between 18-30 years old;
- Being involved in an organisation, project or initiative that aims at the participation of young people in democratic governance/decision and policy making;
To support youth organisations and activists with a view to improving their capacity to become fully fledge actors of governance in Southern Mediterranean.
- 20 young activists are trained and equipped with tools related to Structured Participation;
- Quadrilogue actors are mobilised to participate in panel discussions addressing the target group and tackling pertinent, relevant and topical themes related to Structured Participation;
- Proposals and recommendations for improved dialogue and interaction are put forward by participants;
- Young people and youth organisations develop joint actions with other quadrilogue actors or between peers and promote intra and inter-regional co-operation;
- Network, partnership and peer-learning between youth organisations are reinforced;
The specific objectives are:
- To provide training and capacity-building for young people and youth organisations, equipping participants with new principles, tools and opportunities to further develop youth organisations and with initiatives and mechanisms to promote Structured Participation;
- To encourage participation of young people in decision and policy-making by promoting their involvement and interaction in quadrilogue initiatives;
- To foster political mainstreaming of the youth-related issues and youth policy development in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean based on shared experiences, standards and mechanisms of the Council of Europe and in light of regional needs and initiatives.
- To stimulate critical reflection on individual and organisational practice to promote global democratic citizenship (participation and representation in decision/policy-making);
- To map good practices in the development of youth structures and initiatives to promote Structured Participation in Europe and the Southern Mediterranean region;
- To foster Euro-Med co-operation and networking
The training activity will be organised in the framework of the 4th Mediterranean University on Youth and Global Citizenship and in parallel with other activities organised by other partners.